- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certification is the industry benchmark for sustainably managed wood and wooden products. The FSC® is an international non-profit, multi-stakeholder organisation established in 1993 to promote responsible management of the world’s forests.
- Well-managed forests provide clean air and water, maintain soil quality, preserve biodiversity and habitats, and sequester CO2, among many other ecosystem services. BioPak are committed to only using certified raw materials from responsible sources, and their wooden cutlery range has 100% FSC® certification, ensuring that they are manufactured from materials sourced from sustainably-managed forests.
- BioPak support environmentally sound forestry, helping to preserve valuable resources for future generations. Well-managed forests provide clean air and water, maintain soil quality, preserve biodiversity and habitats, and sequester CO2, among many other ecosystem services.
Made from wood, they will biodegrade and will not pollute or damage the environment and are compostable in a home compost.
Are biodegradable coffee cups good for the environment?
Biodegradable coffee cups are better for the environment in comparison to the regular disposable coffee cup. Biodegradable cups have a PLA or polyactic acid lining which degrades in commercially compostable conditions.
- FSC™ Trademark licence code: C110879 – www.fsc.org
- ISO9001: Quality Management Systems
- ISO22000: Food Safety Management Systems
- SA8000: Social Certification Standard
- Carbon Neutral