Join Compost Connect and Start Fighting Climate Change
If you are a business using our eco-friendly, compostable and biodegradable BioPak packaging, including but not limited to;
- biodegradable coffee cups- our BioPak cups come in a range of colours and sizes, including kraft stripe, leaf cups, plain white, art series, aqueous coated, indigenous and green line. Also available with cup lids and takeaway trays.
- takeaway food containers - eco-friendly containers for all hospitality and cafe needs; paper and plastic bowls and lids, sugarcane shells, chip and sauce cups, noodle boxes, sushi trays, sandwich wedges and a variety of biodegradable containers.
- bioplastic cutlery - 100% bioplastic options, as well as compostable wooden options.
- biodegradable straws - straw options include regular, cocktail and jumbo options.
- clear cups - a variety of clear BioCup options for cold drinks.
- biodegradable napkins - cocktail, lunch and dinner napkins plus dispensers to suit the takeaway needs of any hospitality or food service business within Australia.
Then we highly recommend connecting with Compost Connect. Compost Connect allows you to divert all of your food and BioPak packaging waste from landfill from as little as $1 per day. Backed by the government and building on the BioPak compost service, this non-profit initiative is independent and brand-agnostic with the vision to extend composting to all of Australia and New Zealand. The Compost Connect network currently has 13 compost partners, servicing businesses in over 2,200 postcodes in Australia and New Zealand and signing up is very simple.
How does industrial composting work?
Compost Connect recognises reducing food waste as one of the most important strategies to combat global warming and the opportunity in diverting organic waste from landfill. Food production and waste account for 26% of global greenhouse gas emissions and food waste breaking down in landfill emits methane, a greenhouse gas that is 26 times more harmful than CO2. Furthermore, less than 8% of the 1,000,000 tonnes of organic waste generated by the foodservice and hospitality sector is recycled. Without a national composting infrastructure in Australia and New Zealand, it was clear that we needed a local solution for the food waste recycling crisis.
By connecting packaging and food service businesses with the organic waste industry, Compost Connect is helping to grow access to organic recycling and instigate widespread change. We can make a global impact, all by making changes at local level.
Watch the above video to see how Compost Connect can help you create a true circular economy in your business. It provides the missing link between organic waste, including our planet friendly compostable and biodegradable packaging, connecting you with commercial compost partners, to having your organic waste processed into nutrient-rich compost in less than 12 weeks.
Signing Up is Simple
- Visit Compost Connect and search your postcode
- Choose your preferred compost partner and submit your restaurant/cafe's details
- Your preferred compost partner will get in touch with you to arrange a pickup schedule and bins delivery